Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A letter to a stranger






I don’t know if I could really consider you a stranger, because I know of your existence. I just don’t know what you’ve become, or who you are anymore. At one point, I thought that change was a natural part of life and I had to accept that, but I always believed you would remain you. Now, whenever I look in your eyes, I see nothing. I don’t know where the vibrancy went. I don’t know how we drifted so far from each other. I don’t quite comprehend how you went from being the only thing to hold me up to being the one thing that tore me down. It’s a huge transaction, I must admit, from trust to betrayal.  What happened to me being there for you, and you there for me? Why does it seem like you’re only there to find out what I have and take it away? What does that make you? Do you only think about yourself now? As far as I’m concerned, at this point and time, you and I were merely two people who caught gazes as we passed. We were never friends.




kudos to rchelmace

No comments:

Post a Comment